The Learnosity Console is a management, analysis and configuration tool for Learnosity clients.
It is a centralized location for:
- User management - Learnosity user account creation & management for authors and managers.
- Consumer & Item bank configuration - manage settings, contexts & authentication keys for Consumers and Item banks.
- Analytics - gain insights for API sessions, authored content and Item bank quality evaluation.
- Asset tools - including asset proxy management for custom questions and features.
Learnosity Console provides these tools at a Client level, this means that managers will have an overview over the entirety of their consumers and item banks.
The self contained areas of the Learnosity Console are referred to as modules.
The functionality of a module is typically distinct enough to be self contained.
The Dashboard module is the landing page for all users of Learnosity Console.
It contains some insight analytics for API sessions and authored content. It also contains links to other Learnosity sites and support pages.
The insight analytics will only be available for users with Learnosity Console specific roles. see Console Roles for more information.
The Management module is for client managers to configure and manage their Consumers, Item banks and Users.
In the Management module, users can:
- View all available Item banks and the Consumers with access to them.
View and manage all Consumers within the client:
- Configure Item bank access per consumer
- Manage whitelist domains per consumer
- Set the API CSS file per consumer
- Manage the API timestamp valid time frame
- View and add authentication keys per consumer - including LTI keys
View and manage all Users:
- Create new users and manage existing
- Delegate role access for authors and managers
- Send password reset emails
- Set Item bank access for Author Site users
The Item Analysis module is a tool that allows managers to evaluate the quality of items in an Item bank based on how well students perform on them.
It can analyze based off activity ids, or over an entire Item bank.
Insights presents Learnosity usage data over time. This allows Insights module users to track their companies' usage of their Learnosity platform.
The Author site settings Module allows users to set up custom permission groups for Author site users, at an Item bank level. To delegate a user to the permission group, head to the Management module to manage your users.
The Custom Questions Module allows managers to create Questions API proxies for assets.
These assets are so that the asset links saved in the Item bank for Custom Questions & Features can be static.
If the actual hosted asset location changes, then the asset can be moved, and the proxy updated, without needing to edit the Custom Question or Feature in the Item bank itself.