Learnosity Console - Roles
Learnosity Console includes roles that influence user permissions across all modules. It also includes module specific roles that influence user permissions in a single module.
In this section we will outline the influence of the primary Console roles. The primary Console roles are as follows:
- Console Access,
- Console User, and
- Console Admin.
By default, all Learnosity users are initially given the Console Access role.
A Learnosity user with "Access" can use the Learnosity Console to edit their Learnosity profile, only.
All Learnosity Console module access is restricted by default.
Having the Console User role enables users to access any module that doesn't have its own subset of roles.
This includes the following modules:
- Learnosity Dashboard module,
- Item Analysis module, and
- Custom Questions module.
Note The Management module has its own subset of roles which are outlined below).
The Console Admin role is an all access role for the Learnosity Console. It gives the user access and permissions for everything available within the Console - including modules that have their own role subsets.
The Console Admin role is inclusive of the Management Admin role (see below):
In addition to the capabilities of the Management Admin role, a user with Console Admin can also:
- Give other users the Console Admin role - it is the only role capable of creating other Console Admins
The Management module allows for a great deal of consumer and user configuration, and subsequently has its own subset of roles to help organizations delegate access.
The User Manager role allows managers to manage users for other Learnosity Sites (such as Author Site), as well as Console Site itself in a restricted way.
A user with the User Manager role can:
- Create new users.
- Edit a users username.
- Send a password reset email to the user.
- Edit a users first name and surname.
- Activate/Deactive a user.
- Give basic console access:
- Give users the Console User role (see above).
- Give author site access:
- Select which Item banks a user can access in Author Site.
- Assign an Item bank permission group to a user.
Note: the User Manager role does not give the ability to delegate roles for Console Management, or the Console Admin role.
The System Administrator role allows users to manage an organizations Item banks and Consumer configuration.
In the Item banks management section, a System Administrator can:
- Change the Item bank name.
- See which consumer key is being used in Author Site.
- See which consumers have access to the Item bank.
In the Consumer management section, a System Administrator can:
- Add/remove white listed domains for the Consumer.
- Link additional Item banks to the Consumer (with Read-Only or Write access).
(Note: unlinking or modifying Item bank access can be done by contacting Learnosity Support)
- Set the API CSS file for the Consumer.
- Set the valid API timestamp time frame.
- View and add the authentication keys for the Consumer.
- Set human readable labels for keys.
- View and add LTI keys per authentication key pair for the Consumer.
The Management Admin role gives complete access to the Management Module, including all capabilities of the User Manager and System Administrator roles.
On top of the above roles, the Management Admin can:
- Set Management Module roles - User Manager, System Administrator and Management Admin
Author Site roles offer no specific functionality for the Learnosity Console.
To learn more about Author Site and the available roles, use the following links: