The FAQ is broken down into a number of sections. If you find something is missing please drop us a mail and we'll expand the article.
Which web browsers are supported?
|OS/Browser||Windows||OS X||iOS||Android||Chrome OS|
|Chrome latest stable|
|Firefox latest stable and ESR||–||–|
|Safari 8, 9||–||–||–|
|IE 10, 11 (Desktop) †||–||–||–||–|
|Edge latest stable||–||–||–||–|
Updated 13 Jul 2016
+ indicates support for the latest security patched version of this browser.
† authoring tools support IE11
Important Please note that previous versions of listed browsers are not supported.
- Firefox ESR is the Extended Support Release and updates approx every 6 months. Current version info
- iOS 8+ is supported on Apple mobile devices
- Android 4.4+ is supported on all Google certified tablets and phones
- Audio recording is works via Flash or WebRTC covering Desktop and Android. iOS doesn't support recording.
- Archived support tables can be found here.
Which domains should I white list?
If your network blocks some domains from access you should ensure that the following domains are whitelisted to ensure full Learnosity functionality.
The short list - use this if you can add wildcard (star) domains to your proxy filter:
The long list - Use this only if you can't use the short list.
- dof8gyq4yceq.cloudfront.net (Questions API CDN)
- dw6y82u65ww8h.cloudfront.net (Assets CDN)
- learnositymediaprocessed.s3.amazonaws.com (recorded Audio & Waveform image store)
Legacy Domains (not required for clients since Jan 2014)
- d175wbwjuo9bud.cloudfront.net (Questions V1 SSL CDN)
Note Do not add specific IP addresses to your filter list, as these are subject to change.
Which browsers and versions of Flash Player are supported?
The Questions API requires version 11+ of Flash for audio recording.
The following are the browsers and versions of Flash that we have tested fully on Windows:
- Win7 Firefox ESR & Latest - Flash 11
- Win7 Chrome - Flash 11
The following are the browsers and versions of Flash that we have tested fully on a Mac:
- Chrome - Flash 11
- Safari 6 - Flash 11
- Firefox ESR & Latest - Flash 11